Wow this assignment seriously made me sit down and think about my life and where it is hopefully heading. These are the goals that I came up with, which I would like to accomplish in the next five years.
1. Move out on my own. Preferably to new york.
2. Get a well paid advertising job in the city, for a big company.
3. Get married to someone I love and who loves me. Only if I am happy with them.
4. Buy my parents something expensive.
Now here comes the truth. It is what I am doing to achieve these things. Well moving out and buying something for my parents both have to deal with money. Money would come from my dream job, which is also one of my goals. To get the job I am going to college. I am majoring in marketing. To be quite honest I have been putting off getting a marketing internship, and joining marketing clubs, but after I saw this video, (no matter how corny it was), i decided to take action. I am going to talk to my Marketing professor about doing an internship this week, and I am going to join a marketing club. Getting married is something I would like to do in the next 5 years, but if I will not be in a happy relationship, I will not get married just because it is my goal. I don't really see what I could be doing in the present to be happily married later on, but I do have a boyfriend whom i love very much. I am finding out a lot about myself by being with him, and maybe that's that counts. I know I am determined enough to get the life I want. I just hope when I get there, I will still want it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I like your goals that you have up there. The part I like the most is #4 where you said you want to buy your parents something expensive. That is very sweet. Most of the parents have invest uncountable time, love and money in their children, and when the children grow up it is time to gave back. Buying expensive things is definitely not the only way to show your parents how much you appreciate what they have gave, just buy spending time with them sometimes can mean a lot more.
Your goals/dreams are very idealistic. Although you haven't had a chance to get an internship in marketing, it is never too late especially when you have five years to accomplish your goals/visions. Like most of everyone else's blog about their goals/visions, I think each of our goals go hand in hand. I would most like to agree with your final goal listed, which was to get something for your parents. It shows that you like to take care of those who took care of you. Good luck with goals!
We have similar goals and I think we can both achieve them with some hard work and great attitudes. Advertising is such a competetive industry that we have to stand up for ourselves no matter what! Good luck wih everything!!
We have similar goals and I think we can both achieve them with some hard work and great attitudes. Advertising is such a competetive industry that we have to stand up for ourselves no matter what! Good luck wih everything!!
Your goals for you career are shared by many (which is not a bad thing). The great thing is that now you have taken an interest in the 'how' you achieve these goals instead of just 'what' you gaols are. Marketing is a great career oppurtunity. Just make sure you have fun and enjoy what you are doing. Best of luck.
this blog entry assignment really made me think about my future as you mentioned in beginning of your blog. it seems you have a lot in mind about what you wanna do how you wanna be within next five years. it is great that you have already set your visions and started to make an action in order to accomplish them. Especially your 4th goal is wonderful repay for your parents and they will be absolutely amazed for sure. Parents are just happy simply seeing you doing fine, I believe. But, it will be great that if we could show some appreciation to them.
"KISS! Keep is simple stupid!" I could picture you saying this phrase to some paranoid friend who doesn't know what he or she wants in life. Your goals are straight forward and virtually unquestionable. The more you understand what it is you want to accomplish, the better the chance you have of accomplishing it. I completely agree with buying the parents something nice. You keep respect, you get respect and that goal will help you keep your respect. Getting married within the next five years is a goal I would have to stay away from. I have a girlfriend who I love as well but I don't think 5 years could create the "perfect situation" needed for marriage (in reference to money of course). But hey, Love stops for nothing and no one and it is one thing that can only help. So go ahead, make it happen!
We are in same group and i definetely can say that you are a very outgoing and have great communication skills. your goals are not just your dreams cause they an opportunity eventually become a reality. i think that with marketing you need to get as much expirience as possible through internships cause before they hire they want to see a huge list of internships ( at least i heard so).
Post a Comment